BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beach!

So we had the opportunity to get away for a few days last week and had a great time. For the past few years, we have gone to the beach with friends on vacation and were disappointed that it didn't work out to go this year. In June, Micah and I kept talking about some kind of last minute getaway, so we could have some kind of vacation and so Owen could experience the beach and the ocean- and it worked out!

The first day was way too hot- for both Micah and Owen. I love the beach and typically could sit there for hours, but the temperature was getting to me as well, so our outing was pretty short. The next two days were much better- we went to a little town in Delaware and went to the local beach, which was small, but also basically uninhabited, which was perfect for us. Owen took a nap in the shade, while I read at the water's edge and enjoyed the sunshine. I think Micah squeezed in a nap as well- he is not a beach person but was there for both me and Owen, which we appreciate :) We were able to get a bunch of great pictures after Owen's long snooze on our third beach day. He is such a happy little guy!

We did a little shopping, watched the Phils, had some great Mexican food, got to see my parents and some good friends on our drive down, plus stopped to see my sister on the way back, so it really was a fun few days. Both Micah and I are thankful for some down time and some extra time with Owen John.

0 comments: