BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Long time no talk. . .

It's been longer than I wanted it to be since I've blogged, the main reason being that I started back to work last week. Micah and I weren't sure what me going back to work would look like right away, so I felt like I had time to mourn the loss of time with Owen and get my head around going back to work. That's not to say it was easy- O and I had a little talk my first morning back and there were some tears on my part. I must have bored him because he fell asleep as I was talking :)

My thoughts on work. . . I feel like a different person there. I am working two days a work instead of five, and in a different position than I was before. I am no longer in the thick of it all, which is much less stressful. The first day, I started in on the same old, same old routine, (after going through hundreds of emails :) ) then realized that my role is different now, and was reminded again that my most important role is at home, as a wife and mom, and that is a sweet, sweet thing. We truly have a lot to be thankful for.

Owen is over 14 weeks old now! He really is such a sweet boy. He is smiling and laughing so much now- the morning smiles just melt my heart! What a great gift first thing in the morning :) O is also discovering his arms and hands- he has been putting his fists in his mouth for some time now, either when he is hungry or tired, but now when he's sitting in his bouncer, he'll hold out his arm and just stare at it- so funny. He still has reflux, which this week is causing him to spit up more than usual, as well as lots of inturrupted eating, but I know this too shall pass. It's hard to see him in so much pain at times.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend, which will be fun. I am hoping for warmer weather so we can be outside! I could use the fresh air (and most definitely the exercise. . . ). Hope you have a great weekend as well.

0 comments: