Continuing with my theme of catching up, I have a few more posts to do about the past few months, then I'll actually be in the present. Woo hoo!
We had Owen's party a few weeks after his actual birthday, which worked out great. Who can add one more party to the December madness? Plus, we wanted to make it special because his life is to be celebrated! I believe everyone's birthday, life really, should be a party, but somehow, as an adult, it seems to get a bit lost. Just my two cents :)
A friend recommended a local place to rent for the party and that worked out perfectly. Kids plus a great big gym=success! So enough words- let's get to the pictures. . .
Pop (John) and Owen John
Mom Mom and Owen
Cousins
Not so sure about the cake at first
Then he dug right in
Taking a break
The party seemed to be a lot of fun for everyone and we are especially grateful that our family made the drive. We don't exactly live next door, so thanks! Last but not least, check out this punch, which is great for a baby shower or a first birthday party! Plus, it worked out perfectly because it involves one of Owen's favorite things- rubber ducks :)
http://tidymom.net/2011/ducky-baby-shower-punch/
(As of today, the site was down for maintenance, but I imagine it will be back soon- enjoy!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment