I have been a terrible blogger- I am good at reading them, but not so good at writing one. I actually find it cathartic, plus it's a great way to preserve memories. I had the best of intentions, wanting to post this fall about our trip to the pumpkin patch, then Thanksgiving, and of course Christmas and O's first birthday. But it's already spring and I've not posted a thing! I'm thinking about covering the big topics, then moving on. Right now might be a good time as well because O taking a much needed nap- being out until 10 last night might not have been the best for him, but it was great to see friends we haven't seen in probably a year and give them a belated wedding present- oops.
Anyway- the pumpkin patch. Maybe this seems like no big deal, but it was to me. I remember being on the phone with a dear friend a few years ago, wondering what this and other activities would look like if we never had kids. Would Micah and I go by ourselves? Would our friends invite us to tag along when taking their kids? What will our family look like? Maybe this seems a bit silly- there are far worse things in life than this. That conversation reminds me though of where we have been and where we are today. Also, of the many possibilities of how things could have gone. I don't know why God chose to give us the desires of our heart, but He did and I am forever grateful.
We actually took Owen twice to pick out pumpkins. The first time was fun for all and the second time was after a short nap, so he was pretty grumpy. Still, it was a good trip and we got to see our niece and nephew pick out their own pumpkin, plus see our newest nephew! By the way, the green pumpkins are my favorite :)
Weekly Dossier: Week 7, 2017
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment