BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend and Food Blogs

10 weeks old today! We had a really nice weekend including a visit from my parents and a quiet day home. Saturday, Micah and I prepared for my parents by cooking up a storm! It's something we both enjoy doing- I definitely take more pleasure in it when I have the time, and it typically causes me stress if I am already busy and am rushing it. Micah enjoys it anytime and likes trying new recipes, which is fun and we have had some really good food because of his adventuresome spirit! On the menu was: pulled pork sandwiches, homemade mac n cheese (including gouda, which was really tasty), cole slaw, and baked beans. Plus, some chocolate/ peanut butter rice krispy treats, made by my mom, which were delicious. We had a really nice visit and even took a walk (Owen's first), though it was cooler out than we anticipated. I am so looking forward to spring weather! It means a lot to us that my mom and dad have been so interested and involved in Owen's life, though they live a few hours away. They are delighting in their new role as grandparents and it's fun to watch :)

Sunday was a great day to be home. We came right home after church, I had dinner in the crock pot (one of my new obsessions- I wish everything could be thrown in the crockpot and forgotten for a few hours and this blogger/author pretty much does it www.crockpot365.blogspot.com), and was able to read/relax and do some cleaning while my boys took a nap.

I have recently been into following food blogs- there are so many talented people out there! I haven't decided if I am going to attempt to make some of the recipes I have found or just salivate as I see the pictures and read the ingredients :) Here are the latest two that got in my head- note the similarities! I'll let you know if I make an attempt.

Grasshopper Pie

Chocolate-Mint-Icebox-Dessert

0 comments: