BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Doctor's appt.

Owen had his 2 month appt. yesterday and we have a healthy baby boy on our hands! The appt. was scheduled at 10 weeks because we waited for our favorite pediatrician in the group. I love him- his demeanor is perfect for a pediatrician. He was at the hospital the day Owen was born, and he and Micah seemed to have bonded in the nursery, so we try to see this doctor for each appt. Plus, he loves the Phillies, so we're in good company.

Owen's stats are. . .

Height- 24.5 inches
Weight- 14.2 pounds

I have to say I just love his chubby belly, arms, and legs. And as the doctor said, there's no failure to thrive here! We talked all things reflux, which we think he is experiencing, and it's making certain feding times miserable for him, which is so hard to watch. We're working on treating the relfux, as well as making sure it's not me and what I am eating that's upsetting him, so we'll see what happens. Then there's the shots- he handled the first out great, then the nurse warned that the second two would burn and based on Owen'a reaction, I think they did. Poor guy- he stuck his bottom lip out and wailed :(

The funniest part of the appt. was when the doctor stuck in the tongue depressor in Owen's mouth and he sucked on it furiously. When checking out, he was sucking on his hands in the same manner and the woman at the desk asked me if I ever feed him :)

We are so thankful for our healthy, happy boy!

0 comments: