As many would say, the summer months are flying by. I am working a bit more than usual, Micah is working part time and working on expanding our deck (which has involved repairs before getting to the actual expansion) and Owen is going with the flow, as usual! He loves being outside, sitting on the mower, the truck, the garage- can you say all boy???
Despite our schedules, we have tried to enjoy some family outings and we able to get away for a week at the end of July. We went to the beach, but our trip was a little different than our typical beach vacation. We went camping (kind of)! We stayed in a cabin that was air conditioned, so there are far worse ways to rough it. I have to say, though, that adding a toddler to the mix of camping definitely keeps you on your toes! The friends we went with (six adults and six kids total in our group) agree with us- adding children to the equation made it a challenge, plus none of us are regular campers anymore, so maybe next year we'll go back to our beach house with a pool in the backyard. You can call us wimps if you like, I am totally ok with it!
Owen thinks camping is fun!
Micah and I also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this summer. Hard to believe, huh? It's definitely been an adventure and I would say that both of us have learned a lot over the years. I think what I appreciate the most about about my husband is his heart-he is over the moon for his son, loves his friends and family, cares for his students and co-workers, has a heart for strangers in need, and yes, he's sweet on me too :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment